It’s the weekend, and if you’re a lazy person just like me, you might be wondering how to be more productive on the Sundays. Now, the weekends are usually for chilling, relaxing, taking some time off work and focusing on yourself and your personal wellbeing.
However, I’ve come to realize that when we are a little bit more productive on a particular day, i.e. Sundays, this gives us a sense of having our shit together, which can help us start the upcoming week with the right foot.
Here are 5 things you can do to be a little bit more productive on your lazy days and enjoy yourself at the same time.
- Drink more tea 🌿
- I am an avid caffeine drinker, but for some reason tea makes me feel more relaxed and chill than coffee. Coffee is great for waking you up, but if you want to feel alert and chill at the same time, tea is a better option, not to mention there are thousands of flavors you can pick from. Tea is never a bad idea.
- Give yourself some time to browse the web in the morning 🖥
- I’ve found out that giving yourself some time to browse the web after you wake up, can help you feel more motivated and organized for the rest of the day. Using the computer in the mornings has made me a more productive person because that way I can answer emails, get some Pinterest inspiration and work on whatever I have to work on during the week. In summary, you can get stuff out of the way for the upcoming week.
- Write down the upcoming week on your planner 📅
- If your are older than 18 and don’t have a planner, you need to get one ASAP. I cannot emphasize how easier my life got after I purchased my first planner in college. It let’s you outline everything and organize your entire life in advance. Another thing I love about having a planner is that I don’t have to be on my phone all the freaking time. I enjoy using an actual pen to write things down which can also work as therapy if you get sick of being on your phone too much. Did I mention ban.do has the cutest planners ever?
- Treat yourself with a skin care routine ⭐️
- What a better day to wear a face mask or treat yourself to a spa than Sunday? I love using masks on my face on Sunday nights because my face will feel and look refreshed the next morning before work/school. It’s relaxing, fun and the way I see it, a personal investment. Remember, a happy skin is a pretty skin.
- Make a to-do list 📝
- Before you go to bed on Sundays, write down a list of things you need to do the next day. This has been super helpful in reminding me the crucial tasks I need to complete in the next 24 hours and I just love investing in cute stationery.
Other productive things that I like to do on Sundays that help me relax are:
- Take a long hot shower at night 🚿
- Watch Game of Thrones (even though the season finale is tomorrow 😭)
- Go outside for a 15 minute walk 🌤
- Read 2 chapters of a book or magazine in the porch 📖
- Have dinner with the family 🍝
- Listen to a relaxing playlist on Spotify 🎼
What are some of the things you like to do that help you feel more productive and relaxed at the same time? Can’t wait to read your responses! ☺️💫