When I was a college student, I was constantly under a budget, therefore, I could not afford super expensive makeup which made me spend a substantial amount on drugstore products until I found the ones that best fit my preferences.
With this, I’m not saying I wouldn’t recommend investing in a few high-end products when necessary. Sometimes, you get what you pay for and the quality of some luxury brands is better than your average but that doesn’t mean you can’t find quality stuff for less.
For those of you who who are constantly under a budget and can’t afford to stock up on high-end products, this post is for you.
- Maybelline Baby Skin Pore Eraser ($6.99)💗
- If you suffer from enlarged pores in your t-zone, this product is what you need. I usually apply it after foundation and mineral powder because, even though it is a ‘primer’, it never absorbs and has a somewhat oily consistency. The product is transparent, odorless and often feels like a balm. It’s super easy to apply and you only need a little bit of product to get the poreless or ‘baby skin’ effect.
- L’Oreal True Match Lumi Powder Glow Illuminator in Rose ($12.99)💗
- After trying a bunch of different highlighters, finding this product was a gift from the heavens. I have yet to try a better powder highlighter. It comes in three different shades for every skin tone – Ice, Rose and Gold – and gives you a beautiful and shimmery JLo kind of glow. You don’t have to reapply during the day because it lasts forever and each illuminator has different hues for you to use depending on the occasion, not to mention it also comes in a liquid version. My favorite highlighter of all time.
- Maybelline Dream Fresh BB Cream 8-in-1 Skin Perfector ($8.99)💗
- I was always the girl that didn’t really wear a lot of makeup growing up because of my acne prone skin. Countless times, we’ve heard dermatologists discourage the use of liquid foundations because they usually clog pores and cause breakouts. After trying different BB Creams, I concluded this is the best foundation alternative because it’s super light, doesn’t clog pores, feels like a moisturizer, has SPF and gives light to medium coverage. Perfect for daily use. Also, did I mention it works great with dark circles?
- Tip: For a matte look and more coverage, top it off with mineral powder.
- Revlon ColorStay Aqua Mineral Makeup ($13.99)💗
- Bought this product off the bat in an emergency situation and much to my surprise, it exceeded my expectations. Comes in four different shades and when you first apply it, your skin feels refreshed and moisturized – wonder where the word ‘aqua’ comes from. Coverage is great for a mineral powder and it’s perfect when you don’t feel like using foundation and want to get a more natural look. I’ve been buying this for almost five years straight and plan on doing it for as long as it is in the market.
- Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara in Blackest Black ($5.99)💗
- A classic. A must. A go-to. Do I need to say more? This mascara has been around for decades and rightly so. It’s cheap and makes lashes look extra long and clean. What else do you need mascara for?
- Tip: Make sure to get the LOTS OF LASHES version because the brush is made out of plastic, which helps define your lashes for a cleaner look.
- Maybelline Master Sculpt Contouring ($8.99)💗
- If you’re new to contouring and would like a powder version to start with, this option might be the best for you. It comes with a brush, it’s not messy when you blend it and it won’t clog your pores compared to other cream contouring sticks.
- Tip: Make sure to blend it with mineral powder for an airbrush finish.
- ANY Maybelline Color Sensational Lipstick ($7.49)💗
- I legit collect these. Every time I go to Walmart, Target or any other grocery store/pharmacy I stop by and take a look at any new colors that might have arrived. The matte version of this lipstick lasts for hours and is much better than the original one. Why pay $30 for one lipstick when you can get 4 for the same price, right?
Please let me know if you have tried these products or if you have any makeup recommendations in the comments down below 💗