Maybe it’s a millennial thing, but I see cactuses all over social media, especially Pinterest and Instagram. I’m originally from a region in Mexico where cactuses are super common – they’re literally everywhere – thus, most people aren’t really into them and take them for granted.
About two years ago I realized cactuses where becoming really popular and eventually got on the cactus train and acquired a couple for my apartment in Alabama. Little did I know Alfonso and Butter – those are their names – were going to be wonderful indoor plants.
Here’s four reasons why you should run to Home Depot, Lowe’s or your local plant shop ASAP and get a cactus:
- They don’t need a lot of care 🌵
- If you are lazy – like me – and don’t have a lot of free time to be watching over plants, a cactus might be ideal for you. These plants barely need any water – I water mine once every 10 days – but they do need a lot of sunlight. Leave them on the windowsill, outside if its warm, the kitchen table or near a window and you’re all set.
- They come in all shapes and sizes 🌵
- Whether you live in a tiny student apartment in a college town or a mansion in Jersey, these fellas come in all shapes, sizes and colors. There’s one for every occasion and I’m sure you won’t struggle to find the one that fits your space needs.
- They are super cheap 🌵
- When I lived in Alabama, I remember paying about $5 USD for each of my cacti. When I moved back home and decided to get another cactus, I found out the smallest ones were about $1, whereas the regular sized ones were about $3 USD.
- They enhance indoor spaces 🌵
- I swear I have yet to see a cactus that is ugly-looking or makes a space look bad. Cactuses bring coziness to your house/room/kitchen/workplace and they often feel like a pet, without having to clean up the mess.
- They’re great for decorating 🌵
- Whenever you get yourself a cactus, get a ceramic pot – they are really cheap – and decorate it with acrylic paint, markers or whatever you want. Get creative!
Also, since this is a fashion blog 😂, here’s a more detailed picture of my outfit:
- Top and loafers are from Pull & Bear.
- Jeans and belt from Stradivarius.
THANK YOU FOR READING and special thanks to Maria Paula for always taking my pictures 💫